To become a CMA (Cost Management Accountant) one has to prepare on a regular basis and with same enthusiasm level. The CMA examination was earlier conducted by The Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) which has now reformed its name to The Institute of Cost Management Accountant of India (ICMAI).
The Examination is divided into three groups-
- CMA Foundation
- CMA Inter
- CMA Final
Now we will discuss all the three levels thoroughly-
- The first stage from where you may get registered for the CMA examination has two options. These two options are –
- Foundation Group
- Direct Entry Route
- Foundation Group – Foundation is the entry level group in CMA examination and is being conducted four time in a year in the month of March, June, September and December.
- Eligibility criteria – Candidates who have passed their class XIIth examination may get register for foundation programme.
- Enrolment- The candidates may enroll themselves till July 31st for the December attempt and till January 31st for the June attempt.
Paper1 : Fundamentals of Economic and Management
Paper2 : Fundamentals of Accounting
Paper3 : Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
Paper4 : Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistic
- Fee- 4,000/-
- Direct Entry Route- The Direct Entry Route allows the candidates who have completed their under -graduation to get register themselves directly for Inter Group.
- CMA Inter- Once the candidate qualifies the CMA foundation examination, he/she is eligible to get register for CMA Inter examination which is being conducted twice in a year in the month of December and June.
- Eligibility criteria- Candidates who have passed their graduation or persuing the graduation then the candidate may get register fir CMA Inter group.
- Enrolment- The candidates may enroll themselves till Jan 31st for the December attempt and till July 31st for the June attempt.
Group – I
Paper – 5 Financial Accounting
Paper – 6 Laws & Ethics
Paper – 7 Direct Taxation
Paper – 8 Cost Accounting
- Group – II
Paper – 9 Operations Management & Strategic Management
Paper – 10 Cost & Management Accounting and Financial
Paper – 11 Indirect Taxation
Paper – 12 Company Accounts & Audit
- Fee – 20,000/-
- CMA FINAL – After passing the CMA Inter examination the candidates are eligible to get register themselves for CMA Final group and the CMA Final examinations are conducted in the month of June and December.
- Eligibility criteria – candidates who have passed their CMA Inter examination may get register for CMA Final group.
- Enrolment – the candidates may enroll themselves till July 31st for the December attempt and till January 31st for the June attempt.
Paper 13 – Corporate Laws & Compliance
Paper 14 – Strategic Financial Management
Paper 15 – Strategic Cost Management & Business Strategy
Paper 16 – Advanced Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
Paper 17 – Cost and Management Audit
Paper 18 – Financial Analysis and Reporting
Paper 19 – Advanced Indirect Tax – Laws & Practice
Paper 20 – Strategic Performance Management and Business Valuation
- Fee – 17,000/-